Amicus Brief Filed
The Chapter filed an amicus brief in support of opposition to Act 13. Attached is a document outlining the Chapter’s position on Act 13.>> Amicus Brief
We have also posted the joint press release organized by the Delaware RiverKeepers Network.>> Press Release
Our thanks to attorney Thomas Lizzi of IP & Internet Law North, LLC in Zelienople, PA for providing pro bono assistance to the Legislative Committee.
In this time of economic distress and resulting budget cuts, PA Chapter of APA recognizes the pressing need to advocate for the restoration of land use planning and technical assistance support from the Commonwealth. Planners Unite is working to elevate the profile of the planning professional and impart a working knowledge of planning’s necessity and impact to our elected officials.
To advocate for the restoration of land use planning and technical assistance support from the Commonwealth.
- LUPTAP Resolution (PDF)
- Press Release May 4, 2010 (PDF)
- Letter from Representative Robert Freeman to all House Members to restore LUPTAP Funding (PDF)
Why Planning Matters Case Studies
- Borough of Marcus Hook (PDF)
- Dallas Borough (PDF)
- Bryn Mawr (PDF)
- Cranberry Township (PDF)
- City of Erie (PDF)
- Jefferson Morgan Regional Council of Governments (PDF)
- 2010-2011 Governor’s Executive Budget LUPTAP (PDF)
- 2010 Governor’s Budget LUPTAP Charts (PDF)
- 2010-11 Governor’s Executive Budget DCED (PDF)
- Complete PA Budget
What You Can Do
- Send a message to your state legislators and other government officials
This letter was mailed by PA Chapter President Alex Graziani to all members of the PA State House and Senate. Feel free to modify the letter with your own comments and experiences about the value of planning and send to your state legislators and other government officials. Find your legislators at the PA General Assembly website.
- Submit a Why Planning Matters Case Study
We welcome additional submissions that illustrate the efficient use of planning funds (through any state program) with quantifiable outcomes. Email Joy Ruff for more information.
- Join the Planners Unite Committee
We welcome additional members to the Planners Unite Committee. If you would like to become a part of Planners Unite, email Shannon Debes of the Southwest Section.
- Visit APA’s resources
- Planners’ Communications Guide
Planners’ Communications Guide: Strategies, Examples, and Tools for Everyday Practice has been written and published to help APA members reach and deliver positive, values-based messages about planning and APA to targeted audiences.