The Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Planning Association provides leadership in the development of vital communities by advocating excellence in community planning through education, empowerment, partnership, and public policy.
Planning Matters – Planning is an essential function in creating successful communities throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The PA Chapter of APA, with its diverse and engaged membership, positively influences the provision of planning resources and the practice of planning at all levels of the public and private sectors.
The PA Chapter of APA believes:
- Planning is a critical function of government, citizens, and the private sector;
- Planning brings forth the best ideas by balancing varied interests and resources;
- Planning is objective and open-minded;
- Planning is comprehensive, inclusive, and empowering; and
- Planning values the diversity of Pennsylvania’s communities, cultures, and places.