Educational Scholarship Programs
Each year the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Planning Association offers a scholarship program to support individuals seeking funds for academic degree programs, internships, and professional development activities that enhance planning at the local, regional, state, and national levels. Deadline to apply is May 30, 2020.
Pennsylvania Chapter of APA Policy Guidelines for the Pitkin Scholarship
The scholarship program is available to residents of Pennsylvania, or students of Pennsylvania institutions having been accredited by the PAB or have been certified by the PA Chapter of APA Board of Directors and enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in Planning or related curriculum that have a demonstrated track record of preparing students to become Planners. In order to apply, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Applicant shall be a resident of Pennsylvania, or a student of a Pennsylvania institution, enrolled in a PAB accredited or planning related undergraduate or graduate program in Planning curriculum that has a demonstrated track record of preparing students to become Planners; and
- The Student shall be entering his or her junior or senior year in the fall semester or be enrolled in a graduate program; and
- The Student shall provide evidence of financial need by providing copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or its renewal form; and
- The Student shall have demonstrated competent academic skills including a minimum 3.0 GPA as evidenced by transcripts and receive the recommendation of the program chairperson; and
- The Student shall demonstrate an intention to pursue a career in planning as described in an attached essay.
PA Chapter of APA STATE BOARD MEETING APPROVED 7/23/99
Modified April 2013