- This event has passed.
PAFPM Floodplain Management 101 Webinar
May 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Flooding is the #1 natural hazard to affect all Pennsylvanians. Gain a holistic understanding of the regulatory requirements for development in floodplains. Presenter of this course will provide an overview on NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) and current Pennsylvania floodplain regulations in the context of the State’s model ordinance as well as International Construction Codes (ICC). Best practices and resources will be highlighted. Participants will learn the responsibilities for design professional and local floodplain administrators/managers for managing flood risks and loss through proper planning, permitting, and design.
- Learn about the background to the NFIP and floodplain regulations
- Explore the floodplain model ordinances and building code regulations
- Understand the shared responsibility for design professionals and floodplain administrators/managers
- Education on guides and resources related to floodplain development
- Floodplain Managers
- Design Professionals (Architects, Engineers, and Landscape Architects)
- Urban Planners and Zoning Administrators
- Building Code Officials, Building Inspectors, and Code Enforcement Inspectors
Presenter: Josh Lippert, CFM
Floodplain Manager – City of Philadelphia
For questions: email@example.com
- must have a .edu email address to register