Pennsylvania Chapter of APA
The PA Chapter of APA is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization for professional planners and planning officials, as well as other organizations and individuals interested in planning.
Approximately 2900 members strong, the Chapter works to promote planning at all levels of the Commonwealth through workshops, meetings, an annual conference, legislative monitoring, and public awareness efforts. Members participate with various groups with shared values and goals.
Members receive information through a quarterly publication, The Vantage Point, and through regular updates on the website, www.planningpa.org. In addition, the six sections of the Chapter provide local services to members and others through program meetings, local workshops and newsletters.
The PA Chapter of APA is a partner of the Pennsylvania Municipal Planning Education Institute (PMPEI), along with Pennsylvania State University Cooperative Extension. The Institute provides training to planning commission members, zoning officers and zoning hearing board members throughout Pennsylvania.
American Planning Association
The American Planning Association (APA) is a national organization which promotes good planning practices at all levels of community – local, state and national. APA lobbies for national planning policies and monitors changes affecting planning.
APA provides members with many benefits, including a national clearinghouse for jobs in planning, professional development through conferences and other resources; opportunities to participate in a group liability insurance program; a competitive awards program to highlight the most successful innovations in planning and the most outstanding contributions of planners; and award-winning publications.
APA offers professional planner certification through the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). For more information about APA, please visit www.planning.org.
Pennsylvania members of APA are automatically registered as members of the PA Chapter.
Pennsylvania Chapter of APA Membership Categories
To ensure inclusion of all who support the mission of the PA Chapter of APA, the following membership categories have been approved.
Entitled to one vote and all membership benefits.
Includes to up to three (3) members, each of whom receives all membership benefits. Each organization designates one (1) voting member.
Includes up to seven (7) members, each of whom receives all membership benefits. Each organization designates one (1) voting member.
Includes up to ten (10) members, each of whom receives all membership benefits.* Each organization designates one (1) voting member.
- Municipalities over 100,000
- Municipalities between 25,000-100,000
- Municipalities between 2,000-24,999
- Municipalities less than 2,000
- Counties Classes 2, 2A, 3
- Counties Classes 4 and 5
- Counties Classes 6, 7, 8
- Municipal Authorities
- Regional Authorities
- Joint County & Regional Agencies
- State Offices
*Organizations may add additional members from the same agency for $15.00 each to a maximum of 5 members.
Why Join Pennsylvania Chapter of APA?
- The Vantage Point Newsletter
- Annual Planning Conference
- Annual Professional Development Workshop
- Reduced rates for Chapter sponsored activities
- Special offers on professional publications
- Chapter-initiated planning, policy, legislative monitoring, and advocacy
- Awards for outstanding planning and planners
- Discounts on website advertising
- Professional $104
- Citizen $76
- Student $33
- Non-profit organizations $79
- Consultant $254
Organizational Members Rates
- Municipalities over 100,000 $254
- Municipalities between 25,000 – 100,000 $148
- Municipalities between 2,000 – 24,999 $102
- Municipalities less than 2,000 $80
- Counties Classes 2, 2A, 3 $254
- Counties Classes 4 and 5 $162
- Counties Classes 6, 7, 8 $127
- Municipal Authorities $79
- Regional Authorities $127
- Joint County & Regional Agencies $254
- State Offices $254