- This event has passed.
Statewide Land Bank Summit
May 11, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - May 12, 2016 @ 4:00 pm
Invitation to a Statewide Land Bank Summit
Learn from state and national experts about the whys and hows of blight remediation planning and forming and operating a land bank.
Receive two new publications: Pennsylvania Land Bank Resource Guide and We Can Do this: A Five-Step, Fast-Track Blight Plan
Where: Latrobe, Pennsylvania
When: Wednesday, May 11th through Thursday, May 12th
Who should attend: municipal and county officials and staff, redevelopment authorities, housing authorities, community development corporations, civic leaders
Click here to register.
Hosts: Housing Alliance of PA and Westmoreland County Land Bank
Sponsors: PA Department of Community and Economic Development & Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh
The Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania, along with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and the Westmoreland County Land Bank, invites you to the 3rd Statewide Land Bank Summit on May 11 & 12, 2016. Join this opportunity to network with peers, share information, learn about PA Land Bank successes, learn from the authors of the two newly-released Blight Planning and Land Bank publications, and much, much more…
Wednesday, May 11th (DeNunzio’s Italian Chophouse, Arnold Palmer Regional Airport, 148 Aviation Lane, Latrobe, PA 15650)
- We open our afternoon program with the release of Pennsylvania Land Bank Resource Guide, followed by Land Banks 101, including a Snapshot of Land Banks in PA, all presented by Winnie Branton, Branton Strategies, LLC
- Our Dinner Program includes a welcome by the Westmoreland County Commissioners, and then A Land Bank Success Story: The Westmoreland County Land Bank, by April Kopas, Westmoreland County Land Bank
Thursday, May 12th (Westmoreland County Community College, 130 Depot Street, Latrobe, PA 15650)
- Receive a copy of Five-Step, Fast-Track Blight Plan Method, and learn the method from Chris Gulotta, Gulotta Group, LLC
- Next up is Rural Blight Learning Labs: Somerset, Fayette & Greene Counties
- Followed by Land Banks in Action: Lessons Learned from the Trenches
- Don’t miss our lunch program, The Big, Bad Cuyahoga (Ohio) Land Bank
- End your afternoon with a Walking Tour of Westmoreland County Land Bank Properties