- This event has passed.
Southeast Section Event: Transformative Transportation in the Philadelphia Region
November 3, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Transformative Transportation in the Philadelphia Region
Please join fellow planners in the Southeast Section of the APAPA at our 2016 Annual Event! For this year’s event, we are inviting you to attend a lively discussion about several Transformative Transportation projects in the Philadelphia region, such as Amtrak’s 30th Street Station District Plan, the NEC Future Rail Investment Plan, SEPTA’s plans for King of Prussia Rail and Broad Street Line Extension, enhanced bus service on Roosevelt Boulevard, SEPTA’s analysis of upgrading its trolley system, Philadelphia’s Indego bike share system, and Montgomery County’s Ridge Pike Improvement Project.
Our panel of industry leaders include:
- Ms. Jennifer Barr, AICP, Senior Long Range Planner at SEPTA
- Ms. Rina Cutler, Senior Director Major Stations in Planning & Development at Amtrak
- Mr. Matthew Edmond, AICP, Transportation Section Chief at Montgomery County Planning Commission
- Mr. Chris Jandoli, AICP, Supervising Planner at Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Mr. Dan Nemiroff, AICP, Senior Operations Planner at SEPTA
- Mr. Aaron Ritz, Transportation Programs Manager at Philadelphia’s Managing Director’s Office of Transportation & Infrastructure Systems (oTIS)
- Elizabeth Smith, P.E., PMP, Manager of Long Range Planning at SEPTA
We will also honor the 2016 John E. Pickett Scholarship Winners. Our scholarship committee has been working hard to review work by the brightest planning graduate students in Greater Philadelphia and will present $2,000 in scholarship funds to the top three projects. The event will include a brief description of the projects and the award ceremony for the authoring scholars.
Location: The Lucky Dog Saloon at 16 East 1st Avenue in Conshohocken. The Lucky Dog Saloon is only a five-minute walk from the Conshohocken Regional Rail station. Plenty of on-street and off-street parking options are also available.
1 CM credit is approved for the presentation, followed by food, drink and networking. Watch the blog for more information!
RSVP today! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apapa-southeast-section-annual-event-tickets-28402054309
Your admission cost includes 2 drink tickets and heavy hors d’oeuvres.