- This event has passed.
PMPEI: Course in Subdivision and Land Development Review (Berks County)
March 24, 2016
PMPEI: Course in Subdivision and Land Development Review
Berks County (Reading)
Dates: March 10, 17 & 24
Location: Albright College, Room TBD
To register contact Andrea Weist (email@example.com)
Focuses on the work of planning commissions in the subdivision and land development review process, from pre-application meetings through project completion.
The course is also useful for those in the development sector, and other professionals such as engineers, surveyors, and realtors.
It is organized into three major sections:
- Principles of subdivision and land development regulation and ordinance requirements, focusing on key provisions of the Municipalities Planning Code (MPC.)
- Subdivision and land development review procedures
- Design and technical standards of subdivision development.
Participants get hands-on experience reviewing plans and designing alternative solutions.
Topics in the course include:
- MPC requirements governing subdivision and land development regulation
- Importance of subdivision regulations to municipalities and to developers
- A three-stage procedure for reviewing applications
- Requirements for approving and denying plans
- Project completion and follow-up
- Design considerations
- Density and open space criteria
- New approaches to better project design.
All PMPEI courses are continuously updated to reflect the most recent amendments to the Municipalities Planning Code.