The Assistant Director of Engineering Services (Assistant Director) serves as the appointed Township Engineer, and performs complex professional, technical and administrative work to further the Township’s objectives related to community development and municipal engineering functions. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Community Development (Director). The work involves great initiative and independent judgement and is periodically reviewed at completion.
The Assistant Director assists the Director in the supervision, recruitment, and evaluation of employees of the Department of Community Development; reviews processes and procedures to determine and make recommendations concerning workflow and efficiency.
Work is performed during regularly scheduled hours and will involve additional hours, as needed. Attendance at evening meetings is required. The position is exempt under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
1. Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or closely related field from ABET accredited school (Accreditation Board for Engineering) is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
2. Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is required.
3. AICP Certification is preferred.
1. Must have a minimum 3-5 years of related experience in civil, land development, and municipal engineering, with at least one of those years in a supervisory capacity. Experience with municipal transportation planning preferred, but not required.
2. Demonstrated project management experience and a history of working with members of the public, municipal staff, and elected officials.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, proof of professional license(s) and/or certification(s), transcript(s), three professional and two personal references, as well as a salary history, electronically via PDF format to the Office of the Township Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of business on August 13, 2021.
Learn more here.