Susquehanna Township has an immediate opening for a full-time Stormwater Management Program Coordinator in the Community & Economic Development Department. The Stormwater Management Program Coordinator develops, coordinates, and implements various programs and projects related to the Township’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit and coordinates the Township Authority’s Stormwater Utility Fee program. The Stormwater Management Program Coordinator will plan, organize, and administer the permitting, monitoring, inspection, enforcement, pollution prevention, and data management activities of the Stormwater Program in accordance with federal, state and local laws and the MS4 permit; communicate effectively orally and in writing; operate a personal computer and use applicable software; effectively recognize and set priorities; meet the public with tact and courtesy; and represent the Township in a professional manner.
The qualified candidate will have a combination of education and experience which indicates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- An example of acceptable qualifications for this position is the completion of a bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, geography, environmental science, landscape architecture, or a closely related field;
- Minimum two (2) years working in the field to include experience with municipal operations and natural resource management;
- Must either possess or obtain certification as a Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional within 6 months of employment;
- Must either possess or obtain certification as a Floodplain Manager within 12 months of employment.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s license.
Salary based on experience and qualifications, ranging from $60,000-$70,000. A complete job description is available here.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Betsy Logan, Director of Community and Economic Development
1900 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17110
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications are due no later than December 31, 2019. Susquehanna Township is an EOE.