Stromberg Garrigan & Associates, Inc., (SGA) (www.s-ga.com) is a multi-discipline landscape architecture and urban design firm with affiliated practices in architecture and green infrastructure technology. Our firm is a national leader in urban and community revitalization specializing in brownfields redevelopment planning and resiliency design, with an emphasis on physical project implementation. SGA projects are geographically diverse ranging from major urban centers including the cities of New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Norfolk to smaller cities and towns located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Rocky Mountain regions. Market sectors include mixed-use and urban infill development, resiliency planning and waterfront revitalization, adaptive reuse of historical and industrial structures, urban plazas, parks, and public spaces.
We are seeking candidates with two (2) to five (5) years of community planning experience, preferably in urban environments, brownfields, and large-scale redevelopment projects. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to have supplemental experience and/or education in the fields of communications, English, public relations/engagement, historic preservation, environmental sciences, landscape architecture, or urban design.
• Work with project managers/principals in multiple offices to support and contribute to project design work from master planning and analysis efforts;
• Serving as a technical resource to support projects and manage tasks and projects;
• Developing presentation materials, technical documentation, and reports;
• Giving client and public presentations;
• Facilitating public workshops and meetings;
• Attending and representing the firm at community activities and events;
• Coordinating communications and timelines between consultant team and clients;
• Serving clients, project teams, and staff in support of project implementation; ensuring timely, cost effective, high-quality service, and product delivery;
• Supporting multi-media project and promotional communications.
• Pittsburgh/Western PA Region
• Norfolk, VA (Hampton Roads Region)
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) with a master’s level degree (preferred) in City and Regional Planning or Urban Design. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to also hold a degree(s) in communications, English, public relations, environmental sciences, historic preservation, landscape architecture, or urban design.
• Experience with neighborhood planning and civic design.
• Experience working with non-profit clients, community groups, government clients, and private clients.
• Experience in facilitating client, key stakeholder, and public meetings.
• Interest or experience in strategic project communication and digital/social media campaigns.
• Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement programs.
• English fluency (writing, speaking).
• Exemplary writing, presentation, and verbal communication/public speaking skills.
• Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Office. (It is desirable that applicants have a high proficiency in all or most software packages listed in order to properly manage and mentor staff).
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D map, Rhino, and Sketch Up Pro (for urban designers)
• Experience preparing and assembling presentations and report/plan document preparation and assembly.
• Samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength in preparing reports and documents that meld visual and graphic elements with written narratives to create effective and public-friendly documents.
• Sitting for extended lengths of time
• Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement/meetings
• Fieldwork/ability to travel
• Valid driver’s license
• Typing and handwriting
• Hand drawing
• Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, portfolio and samples of graphic and written work to: email@example.com.
Please indicate the position (Planner/UD-I) and the office location you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Phone inquiries are not accepted.
DEADLINE: February 28, 2022
Learn more here.