Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission seeks technical specialist with strong background in travel demand modeling, database development and data analysis. Experience with demographic, economic, and transportation demand forecasting models. Masters degree in Geography, Engineering, Information Science, or related fields with minimum of two years experience. Salary commensurate.
- Compiles and organizes tabular and spatial data needed for transportation, economic development and air quality modeling and special studies.
- Develops, maintains, and runs SPC’s travel demand models.
- Analyzes model outputs. Prepares maps, tables, graphs, and plots of results.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Commission’s participation in traffic forecast studies.
- Serves as a liaison with outside consultants.
- Organizes and attends meetings related to ongoing transportation studies or reports.
- Prepares and presents written, oral, and visual reports.
- Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, Information Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other closely related field.
- At least 2 years of travel demand modeling experience.
- Proficient with GIS software.
- Solid understanding of travel demand modeling methods and practice.
- Experience with economic development impact assessment tools and demographic forecasting techniques.
- Understanding of statistical methods and data sampling techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing transportation modeling applications using computer programming languages such as Python, R, Visual Basic, C++ or similar
- Experience with relational database development and analysis using SQL, Access, or other database software.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and present results in concise reports and presentations.
Details at www.spcregion.org