- Coordination of regional trainings/meetings on various water-related topics.
- Research, compile, analyze and coordinate technical and financial information pertaining to program activity; maintain program files and databases.
- Assist with providing technical assistance/coordination within the 10-County SPC region for the completion of/updates to PA Act 167 Stormwater Management Plans and other water resource- related planning efforts.
- Assist in the development of educational and outreach materials such as fact sheets or technical guidance documents; work with key staff on maintaining and expanding the Water Resource Center’s website.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials; coordinate, monitor and analyze the effectiveness of WRC marketing and outreach efforts.
- Write, review and edit reports, grants, educational and technical materials and memorandums.
- Plan, prepare for, and staff both technical and specialty meetings.
- Conduct field work, site surveys and other data collection as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Biology, Environmental Education, Geography, Planning, Public Administration or closely-related field.
- One (1) year of experience in water resource planning, community and economic development, or environmental education or outreach.
- Experience with sustainability practices, stormwater management techniques, conservation, and land management for urban & rural areas.
- Experience with Stormwater Planning, the EPA MS4 program, Green Infrastructure and other stormwater best management practices is strongly desired.
- Experience with GIS and GPS required; experience with the Spatial Analyst extension and basic coding skills (Python or R) are preferred.
- Experience with public-sector and regional planning, municipal governments and state & federal funding programs.
- Experience with event organizing and coordination; must be comfortable with public speaking and appearing before large and diverse audiences.
- Experience with Constant Contact or similar email marketing systems; familiarity with social media platforms a plus.
SPC is proud to offer staff and their loved ones an impressive benefits experience, providing focused support on their physical, emotional, and financial well being. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and FSA
- 403B options and company sponsored pension plan
- Vacation time, sick time and personal leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- Tuition assistance
SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package, flex time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more.