- Develops, implements, and administers work plans for various operations and safety planning initiatives.
- Manages, researches, and coordinates data on Congestion Management Program and other transportation data.
- Participates in road safety audits, corridor operations planning studies, and other specialized studies.
- Assists in the administration of the Regional Traffic Signal Program.
- Manages the southwestern PA Regional ITS Architecture and supports Intelligent Transportation Systems planning.
- Performs field work on an as need basis.
- Serves as a liaison with the public, and various government agencies promoting regional transportation planning.
- Works independently and constructively in teams that span multiple SPC sections and with outside agencies and project committees using communication and personal initiative to successfully collaborate and achieve multiple objectives.
- Analyze data and communicate findings through various forms to staff and other agencies as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with local, regional, state, and federal officials.
- Reviews, writes, and edits reports, technical memorandums, and meeting summaries.
- Prepares maps, graphics, and reports in support of planning activities.
- Plans, makes preparation for, and staffs both technical and specialty meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban and/or Regional Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, Geography or other closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- At least 3-5 years of transportation planning or related experience.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office suite with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Experience with desktop and online GIS based software is desired.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
SPC is proud to offer staff and their loved ones an impressive benefits experience, providing focused support on their physical, emotional, and financial well being. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and FSA
- 403B options and company sponsored pension plan
- Vacation time, sick time and personal leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- Tuition assistance
SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package, flex time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more.