Who We Are
Planning NEXT is a leading community visioning and planning practice located in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio. Our tight-knit and fast-paced office is seeking a supportive and energetic team member to support our national practice. Our work is grounded in the belief that strong technical planning must be integrated with robust community engagement that brings people together to develop a shared vision for the future.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone passionate about making better places, focused on positively impacting people, and the talent to make us all better.
The planner will assist project managers with key aspects of planning projects, including the following:
- Preparing communications and outreach materials for planning processes, including the design of print collateral and online communications tools;
- Providing support for public workshops and events, including preparing materials, facilitating small groups and processing public input gathered;
- Researching, collecting and analyzing data on community conditions and trends and working with project managers to present information in a clear and compelling manner in multiple formats;
- Preparing draft content for presentations to clients, stakeholders and the public;
- Preparing maps and graphics that help to effectively convey key data and help tell important stories about communities;
• Drafting text for planning documents and interim deliverables that is technically competent while also accessible to the intended audience(s);
- Assisting with editing and formatting plans and other documents; and
- Assisting with general marketing activities and tasks.