The Choice Neighborhoods Program Director (PD) will coordinate and oversee implementation of all components of the Sharswood/Blumberg Transformation Plan including the Choice Neighborhoods Implementation grant (CNI) awarded to the Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA), with the City of Philadelphia (City) as Co Applicant, in 2020 by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under HUD’s FY 2019 CNI competition. In addition, the PD will provide coordination and support for other PHA place-based initiatives including the North Central/Norris CNI Implementation grant awarded in FY 2013 to the City (Lead Applicant) and PHA (Co-Applicant) and the Kingsessing/Bartram Village CNI Planning and Action Activities grant awarded to PHA in FY 2017.
Reporting to PHA’s Senior Executive Vice-President and Chief Development and Operations Officer, the PD will manage and ensure coordination of all Sharswood/Blumberg Transformation Plan-related activities of the implementation team, which includes other PHA Departments, the City, and PHA’s development, education and supportive service partners. The PD will develop, implement and monitor detailed work plans, budgets, reporting systems and communication protocols to ensure timely completion of Transformation Plan goals, adherence to budget, achievement of fundraising targets, compliance with HUD and other regulatory agency requirements, and fulfillment of partner commitments. The PD will regularly communicate and collaborate with public housing residents, other neighborhood residents and community stakeholders, ensuring that the community is kept informed of project activities and facilitating an ongoing dialogue on Transformation Plan goals, objectives and strategies. Note that this is position is coterminous with the 5-year CNI grant term.
- Demonstrated collaborative and team leadership skills
- Experience in managing complex projects with multiple team members
- Strong public speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Master’s in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business, Social Work or related graduate degree and two or more years of related work experience in urban planning, real estate development, affordable housing, community development or social work administration, or Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields and five or more years of successful related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs
Additional qualifications and experience may be considered as factors in selection:
- Prior experience in comprehensive community planning efforts
- Experience in HUD and/or federal grant management and reporting
- Graphic design capabilities
- Experience in social media as a public relations tool
How to Apply
All applications will be accepted through the Philadelphia Housing Authority’s Jobs Board at www.pha.phila.gov/jobs