PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with our firm’s clients (states, counties, and other units of local government) to fulfill programmatic requirements for a variety of federal programs
• Provide technical assistance on eligible program activities and budgets
• Assist clients with planning for their annual program year activities and requirements
• Travel to meet with clients for required meetings, public hearings, staff training, etc. Some travel will be several days in duration. Currently, interaction with clients is conducted virtually.
Job Requirements / Your Job Skills
• 1-2 years of experience with state and/or federal grant programs preferred but not required
• Strong interest in public sector or public administration
• Ability to travel to client communities once Covid restrictions are lifted
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong, effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficiency in Word and Excel
• Strong organizational skills; ability to carry out an assignment within the context of benchmarks and deliverables
• Ability to work independently and on team projects
• Self-motivation with the ability to identify client needs and offer solutions
• Time management skills for organizing multiple deadlines and multiple clients
• Ability to conduct oneself professionally and to collaborate with clients on program planning, management, budgeting, etc.
• Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to relate positively to local government employees and elected officials
E-mail submission of a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com
Learn more here.