Michael Baker International is seeking a Senior Planner – Community and Economic Development to play a key role in various technical planning throughout Pennsylvania and the nation. The ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in and working knowledge of land use, community and economic development, and multimodal transportation. The Senior Planner will operate from Michael Baker’s Allentown, PA office and will report to the Office Manager. This position will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and planners that support a host of public and private client project needs. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team of professionals that focus on making a difference and delivering value.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Public Policy, Public Administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred15+ years of direct or related planning experience
- AICP certification
- Knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as multimodal transportation planning, policy analysis, highway finance, bicycle/pedestrian planning, training, land use, sustainability, climate change, etc.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports on land use, physical, social and economic possibilities, and constraints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of programs
- Experience with other programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and ESRI ArcGIS is desired
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel
Who We Are
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.