Michael Baker International’s Harrisburg, PA office is seeking a Public Transportation Planner to help lead its public transportation technical planning, policy and finance services delivered to the State Departments of Transportation, metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs), and public transportation authorities in Pennsylvania and beyond. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering a diverse portfolio of technically challenging public transportation projects from Michael Baker’s Harrisburg, PA office location. In addition, the successful candidate will also be responsible for coordinating and collaborating with Michael Baker’s national network of public transportation and multimodal experts located in various offices throughout the United States to promote and diversify the firm’s multimodal and public transportation and technical planning, policy and finance services.
The Public Transportation Planner must have at least 5 – 7 years of multimodal and public transportation experience in the areas of technical consulting or operations, or a combination thereof.
Specific areas of expertise should include fixed route bus transit, shared-ride/demand response, passenger rail, safety, and bicycle/pedestrian modes. The successful candidate should also have expertise in transportation funding and policy and have a fundamental understanding of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) programs including Bus and Bus and Bus Facilities, Procurement, State of Good Repair, Buy America, and Access and Mobility.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team of professionals that focus on making a difference and delivering value.
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in planning, engineering, environmental, or transportation management
- 5 – 7 years of multimodal and public transportation experience in the areas of technical consulting or operations
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite, with proficiencies in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access. Data analytics and management is a key skill set.
- Experience in other programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and ESRI ArcMap GIS is desired
- Data analytics and management is a key skill set.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare technical planning reports
- Knowledge and expertise in public funding, including successful grant application development for Pennsylvania and USDOT transportation funding programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting reports and projects
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel including a valid driver’s license
Michael Baker International EEO Statement
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Please click here to apply.