Michael Baker International is seeking a Public Engagement Specialist to join the team in our Harrisburg, PA office. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining public outreach and engagement programs for our clients and projects. Duties include public relations writing and design, web-based communications, cartographic displays, customized online surveys, public meeting/hearing planning and implementation including presentations, facilitation and conflict resolution. This position will report to the Director of Public Engagement. In addition to the work products, the successful candidate will establish and maintain relationships with clients, communities in which we work, industry and employees throughout multiple Michael Baker offices.
- Applying innovative communications tools and tactics (i.e. web, mobile, social media, print, digital and/or video) to effectively communicate key messages to target audiences to shape and improve public engagement products and programs
- Developing, editing and implementing the presentation of digital content through a wide variety of technologies using software for graphics, animation, text, multimedia, dynamic and/or interactive content presentation
- Utilize state-of-the-art ideas for events and exhibits that spark imagination and provide an environment to foster transformational change for our clients and stakeholders
- Research industry best practices and provide ongoing improvements to existing public engagement programs and products
- Lead special initiatives that genuinely engage stakeholders and employees in public works projects
- Provide creative direction and expertise to develop products while managing costs, methods, and/or staffing
- Oversee budgets including proposing appropriate budget levels to support communication projects
- Collaborate across diverse teams to create innovative, new initiatives that lead to expanded impact
- Represent Michael Baker public engagement initiatives at professional conferences when necessary, including presenting papers and posters as a professional communicator
- Work with Michael Baker’s technical staff to deliver written project reports
- Work with Michael Baker’s marketing staff to produce client proposals and presentations
- Provide quality assurance and quality control reviews and guidance
How To Apply
Click here to view the job description and apply. Deadline to apply is November 29, 2019.