McMahon Associates is comprised of progressive transportation planners and engineers who are passionate about multimodal transportation, including public transportation; bicyclists; pedestrians of all ages and abilities; and vehicular safety. We focus on transportation to build better communities through a multimodal approach that reflects the vision of an individual community. We are seeking a transportation planning professional to complement our team of multimodal planners and engineers, committed to improving communities through transportation and community design. Our projects involve elements, such as active transportation master plans, trail feasibility studies, safety and accessibility, and public engagement. Our public sector clients include state departments of transportation (DOTs), transit agencies, and municipalities. Our private sector clients include transportation management associations (TMAs), institutions, and non-profit organizations.
The Transportation Planner will work on a variety of transportation projects under direct supervision of an experienced professional and will assist project managers on all aspects of transportation planning projects, including proposals, field work, research, analyzing data, developing solutions, preparing maps and graphics, drafting reports and documents, soliciting feedback from the client and public, and presenting recommendations. This position is a regular, full-time position and is flexible to be based out of our Exton, PA, Fort Washington, PA, Philadelphia, PA, Allentown, PA, or Camp Hill, PA offices.
• Conduct research on various topics, including demographics, transportation issues, and best practices
• Assist with field work, including photographs, sketches, counts, and measurements
• Request, compile, and organize data from a variety of sources
• Create maps and graphics for transportation planning or engineering documents, including displays and materials for project committee and public meetings
• Draft text for planning documents, such as active transportation plans, trail plans, corridor plans, parking plans, transportation elements of municipal comprehensive plans, and grant applications
• Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects as necessary
• Assist with preparing materials and attending project related meetings outside of the office with clients, agencies, and the public
• Maintain organized project files
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Public outreach and engagement experience
• Ability to identify problems, collect data, and develop creative solutions
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, both independently and also as an integral part of a team
• Strong work ethic and desire to learn and grow professionally
• Interest in multimodal transportation planning, particularly planning for bicycle, pedestrian, and transit facilities
• Knowledge and experience working with DOT, MPOs/RPOs, County Planning agencies, transit agencies, and municipalities is desirable
• Knowledge and interest in transportation funding programs is desirable
• Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite required
• Experience with Synchro, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or AutoCAD is also desirable
• Valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s Degree in a City/Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university
• A minimum of three years of experience in planning/engineering is required, with five years or more of planning/engineering experience desirable. Experience working as a transportation or community planner preferred.
To apply please visit https://www.mcmahonassociates.com/openings
Learn more here.