McMahon Associates is comprised of progressive transportation planners and engineers who are passionate about multimodal transportation, including public transportation; bicyclists; pedestrians of all ages and abilities; and vehicular safety. We focus on transportation to build better communities through a multimodal approach that reflects the vision of an individual community. We are seeking a Project Manager to complement our team of multimodal planners and engineers, committed to improving communities through transportation and community design. Our projects involve elements, such as active transportation master plans, trail feasibility studies, safety and accessibility, and public engagement. Our public sector clients include state departments of transportation (DOTs), transit agencies, and municipalities. Our private sector clients include transportation management associations (TMAs), institutions, and non-profit organizations.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling, and client management. They will be responsible for all aspects of transportation planning projects, including proposals, field work, research, analyzing data, developing solutions, preparing maps and graphics, drafting reports and documents, soliciting feedback from the client and public, and presenting recommendations. The Project Manager also supervises staff, including senior and staff level transportation planners and engineers. This position is a regular, full-time position and is flexible to be based out of our Exton, PA, Fort Washington, PA, Philadelphia, PA, Allentown, PA, or Camp Hill, PA offices.
• Manage multiple projects and provide technical quality control.
• Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports.
• Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies, acting as the primary client contact on assigned projects and maintaining client satisfaction.
• Develop new business opportunities through networking, client meetings and presentations.
• Attend client meetings and presentations, as well as provide expert witness testimony at public hearings.
• Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies.
• Prepare proposals and budgets, as well as participate in business development.
• Conduct regular project staff meetings
• Direct and supervise activities of planners on staff and administer bi-annual/annual staff reviews.
• Mentor staff by providing opportunities for professional and business development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Understanding of GIS applications for a variety of projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of best practices and industry standards for planning concepts, which could include Complete Streets, Corridor Plans, Active Transportation Plans, Trail Plans, Transportation Demand Management strategies, Smart Growth, Vision Zero, Department of Transportation and Transit Agency policies and practices etc.
• Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
• Strong technical expertise
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Experience pursuing transportation grant funding opportunities from a variety of sources throughout the region
• Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university
• 8+ years of experience in transportation planning
AICP and/or P.E. preferred
To apply please visit https://www.mcmahonassociates.com/openings
Learn more here.