This is responsible technical and professional work involving the processing and review of development applications and permits required from the Planning Department.
Work involves responsibility for processing, reviewing and tracking development plans and applications for completeness and compliance with Township codes. Duties include review of subdivision plans, processing applications, providing information to interested parties regarding land use and making recommendations regarding land use proposals. This position also has the responsibility for making administrative land use decisions in accordance with subdivision regulations. The work requires that the employee have good knowledge, skill and ability in land use planning and management.
- Processes and reviews development and permit applications to determine compliance with Township codes and the municipal planning code, including tracking applications and financial guarantees.
- Coordinates distribution of application information to all review bodies and other interested parties.
- Coordinates development process with outside agencies such as the County Board of Assessment and County Planning Commission.
- Assists in preparing agendas and minutes for advisory committees.
- Maintains department files for maps, permits, development applications, and code amendments.
- Assists with preparation of graphics for public meetings and presentations. Computes areas and dimensions, compiles statistical data, completes forms and prepares reports as necessary.
- Responds to phone and in-person inquiries regarding development regulations and procedures.
- Attends meetings and assists with planning studies and participates on steering committees as representative of Department, as requested.
- Assists with Deed Registration.
- Performs related work as required.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in urban planning or a related field, plus two years of progressively responsible experience in municipal planning and plan review.
- Valid class C driver’s license.
- Good oral, written and graphic communication skills.
- Good knowledge of planning, design and land use principles and practices.
- Considerable ability to handle diverse details and perform administrative procedures.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, developers, property owners, professionals and the general public.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and Outlook software for word processing, spreadsheet, database and electronic mail functions. Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with GIS, ArcInfo, and/or other computer mapping programs.
- Good ability to read, interpret, draft, and revise maps and plans.
HOW TO APPLY
Please sent application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application may be found HERE.