Louis Berger’s Planning practice is seeking a Planner/Urban Designer to support growing workloads from its Pittsburgh, PA office. The Planner is a key role that will have the opportunity to impact the team’s diverse portfolio through the following:
- Contribute to private and public facilities master plans (including for federal facilities and educational facilities), resiliency planning, transportation planning, urban planning and landscape planning and design.
- Participate in planning projects, stakeholder interviews, existing conditions analysis using GIS, develop high quality plan graphics, renderings and 3D models using software as well as hand drawing.
- Support planning and design projects through preparation of master planning documents, site plans, and technical reports
- 0-4 years of planning/landscape architecture experience
- Read, understand, summarize, and apply existing planning documents, studies, and regulations
- Create analysis map layers (GIS, CAD, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Listen and record stakeholder input during interviews and charrettes, quickly and thoroughly
- Produce graphic design to convey program requirements, statistics, and stakeholder input
- Digitally render plans for urban and landscape development in Illustrator or similar
- Experience with AutoCAD, GIS, and site planning is a plus