The Transportation Planning Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the transportation planning section of the department. Promotes and performs organized planning which provides for orderly growth and development towards an improved quality of life. Utilizes the assigned resources and personnel for cost-effective and timely results.
• A Master’s degree in transportation planning and one years’ experience, a master’s degree in a related field with two years’ planning experience or a bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field with three years’ experience with degrees from an accredited college or university.
• Strong written and verbal skills are essential. Ability to communicate complex technical and regulatory concepts effectively and courteously with regulated or uninformed parties, plus public speaking, written, and graphics skills required.
• Experience must include familiarity with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Geographic Information System (GIS Software), the principles and practices of urban transportation planning and Federal, State and local land use planning regulations and Federal and state grant programs.
• Knowledge of Federal Highway and Federal Transit Administrations and PENNDOT computer programs such as SharePoint, etc.
• Ability to read maps, topography and planimetric, surveys, engineering cross-sections and profiles, aerial photos and any plan or drawings pertinent to evaluation of proposed transportation projects is essential.
Contact Brenda Sacco, Director at email@example.com
Learn more here.