This position is responsible for assisting in the coordination of the Township’s current and long-range planning functions, including land use management, zoning and development review and historic preservation. Technical and administrative work managing the planning and zoning process. Administers community planning programs in accordance with the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and assists with the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinances. Please provide salary requirements with resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the senior staff in the administration of subdivision and land use
- Assists developers in filing applications for land use review, including mapping and compiling data, General Plan, zoning, subdivision, variances, use permits, environmental review, and design review.
- Makes field inspections.
- Provides support to the Permit Center, cooperates with property owners, project developers, public officials, and consultants in review of plans for development.
- Acts as Project Manager for more routine Planning applications.
- Conducts architectural review, and develops special studies as needed.
- Maintains planning data using various computer software programs.
- Prepares graphics, public notices and distribution lists for public hearings and/or meetings
- Reviews and compares plan sets for consistency.
- Respond to basic inquiries from the general public and resolve issues related to the Township’s planning and zoning procedures and specific permits.
- Research and provide information to regarding land use issues and standard environmental documentation.
- Develops special studies and general reports.
- May represent the municipality at Planning advisory committees, other committees and agencies.
- Prepare a variety of reports and draft ordinances for Township Supervisors, Zoning Administrator and the Planning Commission.
- Prepare correspondence to fulfill policy and legal requirements and other similar documents.
- Perform other related duties as required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume including salary requirement to Kennett.email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 30, 2020.