Are you interested in leveraging your transportation planning, technical writing and analytical skills to help improve transportation decision making? If so, High Street could be the place for you! There’s room to grow your career within the company. Join our team and play a key role in helping our transportation agency clients prepare for the future.
High Street is a growing 20+ person transportation planning, policy, and analytics consulting firm seeking a transportation technical planning expert for a full-time position that requires a combination of analytical, project management, and writing skills. The new hire will support transportation planning, programming, and policy work for a range of federal, state, and local/regional transportation agencies.
New hire will support planning, programming, and policy work for a range of Federal, state, and MPO clients. The right candidate must have:
1. Experience cleaning and assessing large datasets with a spatial component, and conducting statistical analysis with R, Python, or a similar programming language
2. A strong interest in evaluating performance impacts of transportation investments
3. Demonstrated technical writing ability
4. Critical thinking regarding the implications your analysis may have on transportation policies
In addition, the new hire will serve in a variety of policy-related support roles, including research, writing for long range transportation plans, and strategic communications.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
We are hiring for this position in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas; and Atlanta, Georgia with potential for occasional travel other client offices.
The position will pay compensation in the range of $60,000 to $90,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in transportation planning, civil engineering, transportation engineering, or public policy.
- Must possess permanent U.S. work authorization
- Experience evaluating transportation project impacts with respect to but not limited to safety, mobility, and asset preservation performance measures
- Project a professional image through mature communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Experience visualizing data in charts, graphs and maps
- Transportation asset management and transportation planning experience
- R or Python and GIS scripting skills (required)
- Demonstrated technical writing capability
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A professional resume
- A half page cover letter demonstrating your qualifications and interest in this position
- A recent work sample of an analytical report and data visualization
Interested applicants have until April 1, 2020 to apply.