Cross County Connection Transportation Management Association is seeking a full-time Transportation Planner. Candidates should have a master’s degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related degree and a minimum of two years of professional planning experience.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently with initiative and creativity to move projects to completion. The Transportation Planner’s primary responsibilities will include implementing Cross County Connection’s Bicycle and Pedestrian, Complete Streets and Electric Vehicles (EV) Programs. Typical subject areas include bicycle and pedestrian planning, transportation demand management, EV planning best practices and sustainable transportation policy.
Typical projects include:
• Assist with conducting pedestrian and bicycle safety audits and developing Safe Routes to School Travel Plans
• Assist local governments with preparing grant applications for bicycle and pedestrian projects
• Assistance with drafting, adopting and implementing Complete Streets Policies
• Assist local governments and employers with efforts to increase the adoption of electric vehicles including the funding and installation of charging stations and fleet vehicles
• Organizing webinars on EVs and other sustainable transportation topics
The Transportation Planner will represent Cross County Connection at municipal and county meetings, participate on regional and statewide bicycle and pedestrian steering committees and attend other meetings as necessary. Cross County Connection’s clients include individuals, municipal and county governments, state agencies and employers. Technical projects encompass urban, suburban and rural areas.
Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package.
• Master’s Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related degree and/or experience
• Minimum of two years of professional planning experience
• Ability to work independently with initiative and creativity to move projects to completion
• Ability to interact with a diverse constituency
• Competency with spreadsheet and database applications
• Excellent research, analytical, writing and public speaking skills
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not required
• Valid driver’s license and availability of reliable personal vehicle to travel to meetings and conduct site visits required
• Ability to work Monday through Friday, from 8:30 to 5:00 PM at the organization’s Marlton office with opportunity to telework pending approval
• Access to reliable internet and home computer/laptop if participating in telework program
• Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination required at time of employment offer
Send cover letter and resume to:
Patrick C. Farley, P.P., AICP