Cross County Connection Transportation Management Association is seeking a full-time Transportation Planner. Candidates should have a master’s degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related degree and a minimum of two years of professional planning experience. The option to telework, two days per week, is available.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently with initiative and creativity to move projects to completion. The Transportation Planner’s primary responsibilities will include implementing Cross County Connection’s Bicycle and Pedestrian, Complete Streets and Electric Vehicles (EV) Programs. Typical subject areas include bicycle and pedestrian planning, transportation demand management, EV planning best practices and sustainable transportation policy.
Typical projects include:
• Conduct pedestrian and bicycle safety audits and develop Safe Routes to School Travel Plans
• Assist local governments with preparing grant applications for bicycle and pedestrian projects
• Assist local governments to draft, adopt and implement Complete Streets Policies
• Assist local governments and employers to add electric vehicles to their fleets and install public charging stations
• Organize webinars on EVs and other sustainable transportation topics
The Transportation Planner will represent Cross County Connection at municipal and county meetings, participate on regional and statewide bicycle and pedestrian steering committees and attend other meetings as necessary. Cross County Connection’s clients include individuals, municipal and county governments, state agencies and employers. Technical projects encompass urban, suburban and rural areas.
Visit www.driveless.com to learn more about Cross County Connection TMA.
• Master’s Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related degree and/or experience
• Minimum of two years of professional planning experience; internship experience is acceptable
• Ability to work independently with initiative and creativity to move projects to completion
• Ability to interact with a diverse constituency
• Competency with spreadsheet and database applications
• Excellent research, analytical, writing and public speaking skills
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not required
• Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle to travel to meetings and conduct site visits required
• Ability to work in Marlton offices Monday-Friday with opportunity to telework two days per week, pending approval
• Access to reliable internet and home computer/laptop if participating in telework program
• Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package including paid medical insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan with employer match and more
Send cover letter and resume to:
Patrick Farley, PP/AICP
DEADLINE: February 28, 2022
Learn more here.