We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and a pension plan.
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires the individual to be proficient in the terminology and application of the technical and political processes concerned with the use and development of land, public health, safety and welfare, and the design of the natural and built environment in general. The applicant should also possess specific knowledge/experience with the various aspects of environmental planning (stormwater, sewage and water facilities, waste management, sustainability and resiliency, etc.). This is a planning policy coordination and advocacy position that requires a cognizant understanding of the human and environmental consequences of actions. This position does not require extensive fieldwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support the development of planning documents such as, solid waste and recycling plans, hazard mitigation plans, clean water related studies, stormwater management plans, comprehensive plans, etc.
* Provide program management for projects such as, sustainability and resiliency planning, municipal solid waste planning, watershed-based planning, greenway planning, etc.
* Elevate the understanding of environmental issues and act as point of contact for the county and the greater community.
* Work cooperatively with other staff, state, federal, and local government officials, non-governmental environmental organizations, and the general public.
* Support and maintain existing environmental planning documents and policies.
* Review subdivision and land development plans and planning modules for environmental impacts.
HOURS OF WORK:
Normal work hours are Monday through Friday 8 am- 4:30 pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch (37.5 hours per week full-time position.) However, due to the nature of this position, some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
LICENSE(S) AND CERTIFICATION(S)
* Valid Driver’s License
* American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification (eligible)
* Recycling Certification Preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
* A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in planning, environmental services, or related field.
* OR two (2) years or more of on-the-job experience in related fields of work.