The Adams County Office of Planning and Development (ACOPD) is seeking a Comprehensive Planner with a focus on Community Design/Cultural Resources to join the Planning Department to perform professional planning duties in current and long range planning. ACOPD is seeking a Comprehensive Planner to join the staff to perform professional planning duties in current and long range planning. Specific interests/skills related to design, historic preservation and public outreach/involvement as well as graphic design software experience is a plus.
The duties of the Comprehensive Planner include:
Provide community planning support and assistance to municipalities, municipal officials, and planning related organizations.Assist with public outreach/involvement, including surveys, public appearances and announcements, public meetings and presentations, and educating the public concerning planning issues.
- Preparing, developing, and presenting reports, recommendations, and presentations including graphic design for comprehensive plans, functional plans, and implementing regulations;
- Preparing analyses of complex planning projects to ensure compatibility with the County’s rural character.
- Perform related planning duties as needed, including intake and review of subdivision and land development plans, ordinance amendment reviews, grant administration, GIS mapping and graphic production as assigned.
- The Comprehensive Planner may also oversee outside contractors (e.g., historians, special project consultants, etc.), and/or act as staff liaison to municipalities.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the Comprehensive Planner position is an individual who has zero to two (0-2) years of experience working as a planner and has an interest in both current and long range planning with a community design/cultural resources background and functional design skills.
The candidate shall possess:
- Effective presentation skills;
- Effective communication skills with all project members, including contractors, architects, special consultants, applicants, and co-workers;
- Basic to advanced computer skills; and
- A proven ability to negotiate conflict.
- A Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography or a closely related field is required. A Master’s degree in planning, geography or a closely related field preferred.
For online application information please click here.
Interested applicants have until November 29, 2019 to apply.
For more information about the Adams County Office of Planning and Development (ACOPD), please contact:
Sherri Clayton-Williams, AICP, Director (email@example.com) or Andrew Merkel, AICP, Assistant Director/Comprehensive Planning Manager at (717) 337-9824 or visit the ACOPD website