- Researches and recommends best practices in bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure design.
- Assists with design and construction of transportation infrastructure.
- Creates and verifies background drawings from data provided by field surveys.
- Performs field reconnaissance and assessment for assigned projects.
- Creates conceptual design sketches for decision makers as well as the public.
- Maintains records and prepares accurate reports, correspondence, etc.
- Makes timely and informed recommendations to Managers, Elected Officials, and other decision makers.
- Performs other related tasks and duties that are assigned or required.
Your City of Pittsburgh application will be reviewed and your work experience and education/training will be evaluated to determine if you meet the qualifying eligibility requirements listed below for this position. You will be sent an eligibility letter regarding your eligible/ineligible status.
The application must clearly show (2) two years of full-time experience in architecture, geographical information systems, civil engineering, structural engineering, traffic engineering, urban planning, landscape architecture or a related field. (Full-time is defined as 32 hours or more per week. Less than full-time experience will be calculated on a pro-rated basis.)
The application must clearly show a Bachelor’s Degree from a fully accredited institution in Architecture, Geographical Information Systems, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or a related field. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
Education/training and/or work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis if the application clearly shows the required number of years to meet the Total Qualifying Requirement for this position (based on the sum of work experience and education/training listed above). The Total Qualifying Requirement is six (6) years. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).