The Department of Mobility and Infrastructure is seeking a multimodal enthusiast skilled in transportation policy writing, data management, research, analysis and reporting to support and advance the City’s active transportation initiatives.
- Oversees the development of the City’s data protocols relating to transportation projects, including but not limited to, bike and pedestrian improvement projects.
- Prepares models, maps, charts, drawings, publications, signage, displays and other graphic materials for decision makers and the public.
- Analyzes and evaluates transportation, social, economic and physical data and information.
- Collects data using field observations, measurement, and public and stakeholder interviews.
- Recruits and organizes volunteers as necessary.
- Prepares information and recommendations for decision makers.
- Prepares reports on more complex and difficult planning issues.
- Prepares plans and projections of future multimodal transportation conditions and trends.
- Utilizes analytical techniques to evaluate and support the development of plans, programs, and/or projects.
- Manages own projects and ensures completion with adherence to schedule and budget.
- Prepares and reviews legislation and/or internal reports.
- Represents the department in stakeholder, interdepartmental and public meetings.
- Prepares and reviews memos, reports and/or correspondence.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Your City of Pittsburgh application will be reviewed and your work experience and education/training will be evaluated to determine if you meet the qualifying eligibility requirements listed below for this position. You will be sent an eligibility letter regarding your eligible/ineligible status.
The application must clearly show (2) two years of full-time experience in data analytics, geographical information systems, urban planning, civil engineering, information technology or a related field. (Full-time is defined as 32 hours or more per week. Less than full-time experience will be calculated on a pro-rated basis.)
The application must clearly show a Bachelor’s Degree from a fully accredited institution in Data Analytics, Geographical Information Systems, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Information Technology or a related field. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
Education/training and/or work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis if the application clearly shows the required number of years to meet the Total Qualifying Requirement for this position (based on the sum of work experience and education/training listed above). The Total Qualifying Requirement is six (6) years. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).