The Zoning Administrator is responsible for all activities related to land use laws in the areas of Zoning Administration and enforcement.
• Protects and maintains the integrity of the City’s physical environment within the City-designated various zoning districts.
• Enforces and administers City of Reading’s Historic, Planning and Zoning Ordinances and applicable Federal and State laws.
• Assists in the administration of federally funded programs that provide incentives for the enhancement of the physical appearance of designated areas within the City and elimination of blight.
• Assist in the development of programs to meet community development objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning or related field
• At least 3 (three) years related experience in planning and zoning
• Knowledge of basic law through education or experience
• Technical training in plan reading
• Member of the American Planning Association (APA)
• Able to successfully obtain the Commonwealth of PA Zoning Certification within 12 (twelve) months from employment
Learn more here.