The Planner I is primarily responsible for providing administrative and planning assistance to senior staff in the implementation of the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Subdivision/Land Development Ordinances, Zoning Ordinances and Census data information. This individual also provides support for the Planning Commission, Zoning Hearing Board, and other senior staff members as requested.
Some tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with drafting the publication of meetings, preparation of agendas, placarding of properties, project research, field surveys, and the preparation of reports
- Providing assistance as requested and assigned in research relevant to and administrative duties relevant to the provision of services to the public on zoning and planning activities including attendance and the delivery of public services at neighborhood planning meetings.
- Providing general information to the public in response to written, telephone, and walk-in inquiries
- Conducting field surveys such as land use, property conditions, and traffic as assigned
- Preparing applications for State and Federal programs and grants
- Providing background research and preparing reports as requested by unit Managers and Division Directors which may be forwarded to City Council, the Zoning Hearing Board, City Planning Commission, the Reading Redevelopment Authority, or senior staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Manager
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying or related curriculum.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a formal administrative setting
- Preference to applicants with experience in the public or private sector planning, community development or land use law
- Experience in the use of data bases, spreadsheets and GIS
- Technical training in plan reading and development procedures
How to Apply
Qualified, interested candidates must submit a current resume and an employment application. Applications and resumes can be submitted at www.readingpa.gov under employment opportunities. Position open until filled.
Please email email@example.com