- Administers provisions of Zoning Ordinance and processes Zone change proposals and development plan submittals.
- Interprets and assists in administering the provisions of Zoning Ordinance regarding special use matters such as Council conditional use exceptions, Board of Adjustment special exceptions and administrator exceptions.
- Explains appropriate regulations and code requirements to assist developers in the preparation of plans (e.g., site plans, subdivision plans, etc.) and applications (e.g., Conditional Use Application, Occupancy Permit Application, etc).
- Makes reports and recommendations on plans and applications to Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Zoning Administrator and Director of City Planning.
- Attends public meetings and Planning Commission hearings.
- Chairs meetings between local residents and developers.
- Investigates and responds to inquiries and allegations regarding violations of regulations, complaints, etc.
- Chairs Development Review Committee for the Planning Commission as assigned.
- Maintains records, either manually or through automated systems, and prepares accurate reports, correspondence, etc. as requested or required.
- May direct the work of planning interns or lower-level planners on assigned research projects.
- May work evenings and weekends.
- Performs activities and functions of related position and other related tasks/duties as assigned or required.
Click here to view the full job description including knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions for this position.
General Application Requirements:
You must submit or show proof of all of the following at the time of filing your application (unless otherwise indicated below) or your application will be disqualified. Disqualifications based on any of these General Application. Requirements are not subject to a Civil Service appeal.
- A completed online City of Pittsburgh Employment Application, including your online Employment Profile Data (Education and Work Experience).
- Completed online City of Pittsburgh Supplemental Form questions for the position.
- A resume, to be submitted online.
Applicants must become residents of the City of Pittsburgh prior to employment and remain a resident throughout employment.
The application must clearly show two (2) years of full-time work experience in Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, or a related field. (Full-time is defined as 32 hours or more per week. Less than full-time will be calculated on a pro-rated basis).
The application must clearly show a Master’s Degree from a fully accredited institution in Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, or a related field. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
Education/training and/or work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis if the application clearly shows the required number of years to meet the Total Qualifying Requirement for this position (based on the sum of work experience and education/training listed above). The Total Qualifying Requirement is eight (8) years. (See NOTE under the General Application Requirements Section above regarding the verification of education/training).
Click here to apply.
Deadline to apply is August 6, 2020.