This position reports to the City’s Senior Energy Management Analyst and collaborates with other members of the Energy Office, the Office of Sustainability (OOS), and additional partner departments and agencies. This is an opportunity to help solve complex problems, gain valuable experience in energy and facilities management, and contribute to the sustainability goals outlined in the City’s Municipal Energy Master Plan.
- Assist in managing the City’s energy management database, including bill upkeep and uploads, user training and major data changes.
- Ensure data is accurate and work to apply solutions when it is not.
- Manage day-to-day issues with utility bills and meters working with facilities personnel and utility companies.
- Work closely with the Senior Energy Management Analyst in identifying areas for automation in utility billing and energy management tasks and work together to develop solutions.
- Track and analyze energy use at the facility and department level and offer direct support to departments in achieving energy reductions.
- Track and verify savings of completed energy efficiency and conservation projects.
- Develop a reporting process for completed work and projects.
- Support Energy Office staff in running reports, analyzing data, supporting energy conservation and efficiency programs, and office administrative items.
- Support regular updates to the City’s municipal greenhouse gas inventory.
- Work closely with the Senior Energy Management Analyst to support municipal building benchmarking.
- Support work to advance racial equity and environmental justice principles across OOS priority areas, portfolio, and initiatives.
- 4 years of experience in energy management, utilities, data analysis, or other relevant experience (for example, data processing). Each year of relevant post-secondary education will be counted toward experience.
- LEED Green Associate credential.
- Familiarity with energy systems and passion for sustainability.
- Knowledge of new and emerging trends in the area of energy efficiency and energy management.
- Familiarity with racial equity and environmental justice issues.
- Energy management database experience.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and organize large data sets.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable and effective working both independently and on teams.
- Experience with data analysis platforms: R, Python, etc.
- Willingness to engage in and support the office’s racial equity and environmental justice work.
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000
Cover letters and other supporting documents will be accepted but not required.
Closing Date: October 27th, 2020
Click here to view job listing and apply.