The Director of Planning and Neighborhood Resources directs the planning, organizing, managing, and providing direction and oversight for all functions and activities of the City’s Planning and Neighborhood Resources Department, which may include vacant building and rental programs, current and long-range planning, sustainability programs, zoning and land development, building inspections, code enforcement; provides highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the Mayor, City departments, and the City council in areas of expertise; and performs related duties as assigned.
• This is a department director classification that manages and directs the day-to-day activities and services of all areas and bureaus within the Planning and Neighborhood Resources Department, and serves as a high level resource to provide the City leadership objective, independent advice and recommendations on significant policy issues and/or activities affecting the full range of departmental programs.
• Assists in short- and long-term program planning, development, and the administration of departmental policies, procedures, and services. In addition to providing direct management oversight over code enforcement, building inspection, zoning, rental programs, and sustainability.
• Successful performance of the work requires an extensive professional background as well as skill in coordinating departmental work with that of other City departments and outside agencies. Responsibilities include managing the department’s administrative functions and achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
• Oversees the recruitment, employment, evaluation, and release of staff and contract personnel.
• Prepares department/organization operations budget
• Represents the organization on regional/local boards
• Implements the City’s Comprehensive Plan or other planning projects
• Evaluates planning-related legislation and applicability to department projects
• Attends substantial number of evening and weekend meeting
Learn more here.
DEADLINE: May 9, 2022