The Zoning Supervisor is responsible for all activities related to land use laws in the areas of zoning administration and enforcement.
- Issues zoning permits after reviewing the application and site plans for conformance with the Zoning Ordinance;
- Receives complaints regarding violations of the Zoning Ordinance;
- Assigns subordinate staff to investigate complaints and zoning permit applications;
- Researches the history of a particular piece of property in the formulation of zoning decisions;
- Prepares citations of violations of the Zoning Ordinance and presents them to the District Magistrate Court for prosecution;
- Prepares violation letters to be sent to property owners and directs the placement of Stop Work Orders;
- Meets and discusses provisions of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances with lawyers, real estate brokers, architects, developers and the general public as needed;
- Schedules, prepares, and attends all Zoning Hearing Board meetings;
- Suggests amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and participates in major revisions to the Ordinance;
- Prepares an annual report listing the number and type of permits issued, inspections performed, and the activities of the Zoning Hearing Board;
- Reviews subdivisions and land developments for consistency with good site planning principals;
- Attends meetings of the Allentown City Planning Commission; and
- Manages three Zoning Officers.