- Researches, analyzes, and writes plans and reports for the County Planning Commission and municipalities.
- Researches and prepares grant applications and administers grants when received.
- Assists with the preparation of agendas, meeting announcements, graphic materials, legal ads, and other materials concerning planning issues.
- Makes presentations and assists local officials and the general public on a wide variety of planning issues.
- Updates long-range and comprehensive plans for land use, transportation, zoning, and subdivision matters infrastructure (sewer and water), agriculture, housing, demographic, and environmental matters.
- Compiles and analyzes responses for community evaluation of planning needs.
- Develops, updates, and maintains database information including the Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Attends meetings of public and citizen organizations, frequently outside of normal working hours.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory announcements.
- Performs other job related duties as required.