Applications are now being accepted for the following position in Centre County Government. This posting can be viewed and an application downloaded from our website here.
Summary of Job Functions
- Administers the Centre County First Time Home Buyer Program and any other housing related programs or initiatives conducted by the Centre County Planning & Community Development Office.
- Conducts housing research, tracks the Housing Trust Fund and compiles housing-related data for the County, municipalities, non-profits and the general public.
- Coordinates of the Centre County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment update.
- Administration of Fair Housing annual activities and address citizen complaints with the appropriate housing agency. Stays current with Fair Housing through the DCED CD&H Alerts.
- Represents Centre County at the Centre County Affordable Housing Coalition, Centre County Housing Options Team and Centre County Housing & Land Trust.
- Coordinates with a wide variety of stakeholders that may include homebuyers, renters, developers, realtors, lenders and others on housing programs, grants, and other initiatives.
- Assists with the County owned rental properties, including coordination with property manager and tracking of rental agreements and maintenance of properties.
- Assists with the County’s Community Development Block Grant Program, including tasks related to project development, grant submission, grant administration, IDIS Draws, and program compliance.
- Monitors Centre County Government policies and plans to ensure compliance with the regulations governing the use of state and federal funding through the Housing and CDBG Programs.
- Researches, analyzes, and writes plans and reports from the Centre County Board of
Commissioners, Centre County Planning Commission, and municipalities.
- Researches and prepares grant applications and administers grants when awarded.
- Provides assistance to officials and the general public on housing and other related planning issues.
- Provides input on updates and implementation of comprehensive plans at the county, regional, and municipal levels.
- Provides recommendation on housing and land use related issues related to comprehensive planning, zoning, and subdivision/land development in accordance with the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
- Assists with review of subdivision/land development plans.
- Assists with preparation of agendas, meeting announcements, graphic materials, legal advertisements, and other materials on related planning issues.
- Attends meetings of public and citizen organizations, occasionally outside of normal working hours.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory announcements.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
How to Apply
Centre County Planning & Community Development Office
420 Holmes Street (3rd Floor)
Bellefonte, PA 16823