The Cambria County Planning Commission (CCPC), located in the county seat of Ebensburg, has an immediate opening for a Planner 1.
The CCPC conducts county-wide comprehensive planning, transportation planning, subdivision and land development reviews, and provides technical assistance to Cambria County’s sixty-three municipalities
Planner 1 Position Summary:
The Planner 1 participates in the development and implementation of all plans carried out by the CCPC, including but not limited to comprehensive plans, long range transportation plans, corridor plans, bicycle and pedestrian plans, and environmental justice plans. Specific tasks include:
• Conducts public outreach; coordinates and attends public meetings
• Conducts data collection, analysis, and research
• Coordinates the Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) for Cambria County
• Provides mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) support
• Assists with review of subdivision and land development plans
• Assists with the review of coal mining activity, oil and gas extraction, water and sewer facilities, and various other permit applications
• Other duties, as assigned
The ideal candidate will be an organized, self-motivated professional possessing the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or a related field
• At least one year of experience in planning or a related field preferred
• Office environment; Monday through Friday
• Occasional travel, field work, and evening meetings
Salary and Benefits
• Starting annual salary: $40,000
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution
• Generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave allotments
Respond with cover letter, current resume, and at least three professional references to:
Cambria County Planning Commission
401 Candlelight Drive, Suite 215
Ebensburg, PA 15931.
Application materials may also be emailed in pdf format to:
The deadline for applications is September 29, 2023.
For questions call the CCPC at (814) 472-2106 or email email@example.com
The Cambria County Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.