Bucks County, a well-known tourist destination, is seeking a full time Planner who possesses environmental and sustainability planning background and experience. The Planner position prepares written and graphic reports, reviews, projects, and GIS applications. Conducts and prepares environmental reviews relating to subdivision and land development, and community planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to the Director of Sustainability and the Executive Director as applicable.
• Coordinates with the Director of Community Planning as applicable.
• Prepares or assists in the production of environmental planning, sustainability, hazard mitigation or watershed-based plans and studies.
• Prepares or assists planners with ordinances specific to the protection and preservation of environmental resources.
• Prepares plans, tools, data, and other initiatives supporting environmental and sustainability planning.
• Prepares documents on environmental resource topics for distribution to local officials and the general public.
• Prepares or assists in the production of GIS maps and GIS related projects.
• Assists planners with state-mandated sewage facilities planning module reviews.
• Prepares environmental components of municipal and/or multi-municipal comprehensive plans.
• Participates in regional environmental and watershed group committees.
• Reviews and prepares comments for subdivision and land development proposals as applicable.
• Prepares graphic products including detailed sketches, maps, 3D photo simulations and site plans as required.
• Attends public meetings, presents information to the public and assists the public as required.
• Attends meetings with staff, municipal officials and other agencies as required.
• Serves as a liaison between the Planning Commission and municipal officials.
• Coordinates and collaborates with other staff members in a ‘team approach’ for projects.
• Assists with the identification and coordination of grant applications as required.
• Coordinates with local, regional, state, and federal agencies to address environmental planning issues (as necessary).
• Performs similar or related duties as assigned by the Executive Director or other Directors within the Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Qualification Requirements include demonstrated ability to perform all of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Planning or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge and skills to perform and meet the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
• 1 -5 years of experience in an environmental planning position preferred.
• Possess specific knowledge/experience with the various aspects of environmental planning (stormwater, sewage and water facilities, sustainability, etc.).
• AICP licensure preferred but not required.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate ideas in written and verbal manner, including report preparation and making presentations to the public.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and SketchUp is a plus.
• Must be available to attend evening meetings as required.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and possess reliable transportation.
To apply, visit Bucks County’s website at www.buckscounty.gov and click on Careers
Learn more here.