The Planner position prepares written and graphic reports, projects, and GIS maps. Conducts and prepares reviews relating to subdivision and land development, and community and environmental planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to a Senior Planner, the Director of Community Planning, and the Executive Director as applicable.
• Prepares or assists in the production of planning, zoning, and specialized plans and studies.
• Prepares or assists in the production of GIS maps and GIS related projects.
• Compiles and reviews pertinent land use, demographic, social, economic or other planning-related data to determine existing conditions and future trends.
• Reviews and prepares comments for subdivision and land development proposals.
• Prepares graphic products including detailed sketches, maps, 3D photo simulations and site plans as required.
• Provides general community planning assistance including but not limited to land use and fiscal analysis/impact reports or studies.
• Attends public meetings, presents information to the public and assists the public as required.
• Attends meetings with staff, municipal officials and other agencies as required.
• Serves as a liaison between the Planning Commission and municipal officials.
• Coordinates and collaborates with other staff members in a ‘team approach’ for projects.
• Assists with the identification and coordination of grant applications as required.
• Coordinates with local, regional, state, and federal agencies to address planning issues (as necessary).
• Performs similar or related duties as assigned by the Executive Director or other Directors within the Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Qualification Requirements include demonstrated ability to perform all of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Planning. Experience in a planning position is preferred.
• AICP licensure preferred but not required.
• Proficiency in the basic principles of planning.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate ideas in written and verbal manner, including report preparation and making presentations to the public.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and SketchUp is a plus.
• Must be available to attend evening meetings as required.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and possess reliable transportation.
Visit Bucks County’s website at www.buckscounty.gov and click on Careers