Flexible schedule during the Mon-Fri 8:00a-5:00p work week
Evening as needed for public meetings
The Borough of Gettysburg is seeking a Planning Intern to assist with technical and administrative functions within the Planning Department. Interns can expect to gain experience in a wide variety of planning functions such as research and preparation of reports for Planning Commission and Borough Council, evaluation of current ordinance standards and proposals for revisions, permitting intake and preliminary review, and preparation of public education and outreach materials.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The information below is not an exhaustive list of duties and instead serves as a representative sample of the expectations of the position.
• Evaluate current ordinance standards and present alternatives and proposals for revision
• Prepare Commission and Board meeting packets
• Prepare planning reports of limited or variable complexity
• Produce sketches and renderings of limited or variable complexity
• Present research findings at community meetings
• Research funding sources and write grant proposals
• Conduct basic office functions as needed, such as data entry and file management
• Basic understanding of planning and land use principles
• Ability to use computer software to generate documents to graphically communicate information, such as maps, site sketches, and photos.
• Ability to write professional reports, correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in relation to ongoing investigations and other activities or records involving protected information.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Learn more here.