• Collaborate with planning partners to address housing issues facing Berks County.
• Recommend policy and implementation strategies affecting land use related to housing.
• Analyze data and apply findings to interpret housing issues and develop appropriate planning policies and strategies.
• When requested, provide technical assistance on housing issues to client municipalities, planning partners, and the public.
• Research and analyze revitalization, redevelopment, and housing needs in Berks County.
• Assist in the development and implementation of housing and revitalization plans and studies.
• Review and analyze regulatory controls and how they impact housing, economic development and revitalization efforts.
• Coordinate with internal and external economic development and housing partners.
• Develop content and programs for housing planning sessions and forums.
• Attend and participate in professional conferences and seminars and review professional literature to remain up to date on current housing issues.
• Serve on in-house project teams, as needed.
• Perform other duties, tasks and special housing projects, as required.
• Assist with the preparation of municipal comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances, subdivision and land development ordinances, and special planning studies.
• Attend evening meetings as required.
• Provide assistance on map development, grant writing, data and information sharing.
• Pursue grant funding to create and implement new programs.