- Administers the Allegheny County Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) for municipalities that have not adopted a municipal SALDO.
- Reviews subdivision and land development plans for municipalities with an adopted municipal SALDO.
- Performs reviews of proposed municipal land use ordinances and comprehensive plans as required by PA Act 247.
- Assists with the implementation of Allegheny Places, the Allegheny County Comprehensive Plan.
- Provides planning support and information for Department projects.
- Provides grant consistency review for Allegheny Places.
- Provides permit review for Allegheny Places.
- Assists with the development of the Planning Division database of materials and contacts
- Provides planning and technical support to municipalities, community groups, and others.
- Maintains working relationships and cooperates with staff and officials of agencies, organizations, the State, Federal, and local governments on planning matters.
- Maintains daily records of all projects, reports and other activities.
- Assembles and analyzes data to support planning initiatives.
- Prepares periodic status reports as required or needed.
- Attends occasional evening community meetings.
- Compiles and analyzes program data as needed.
- Performs related duties/special assignments as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Public Policy or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- The principles and practices of planning.
- The principles and practices of research and data collection.
- Effective writing techniques.
- Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and the ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations.
- Computer hardware and software programs including Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and ArcView GIS.
- Communicate effectively both orally, including in a public setting, and in writing.
- Gather relevant information to solve vaguely defined practical problems in a creative manner.
- Review plans and apply provisions of the ordinances and codes to determine compliance with such regulations and to apply regulations to field conditions.
- Interact professionally with supervisors, co-workers, outside agencies, and the public.
- Meet all Divisional objectives in a timely fashion.
- Work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind.
- Work as a team member with other Divisions or independently.
- Adhere to Department/County policies and procedures while working under minimal supervision.