AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Planning & Business Development Lead to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA. In this role, you will guide the expansion of the planning practice in the region and will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team that includes transportation, environmental, design, and communications professionals. The Urban Planning & Business Development Lead works collaboratively with planning and engineering staff to support clients with original solutions to challenging problems.
The ideal candidate has a passion for growing an urban planning practice that transforms local communities through building sustainable and equitable projects by investing strongly in client relationships and business development opportunities. The role can be hybrid or office based out of either Pittsburgh, PA or Morgantown, WV.
- Engage in client relationship and business development activities to support the growth of the local planning practice
- Prepare, facilitate, and lead presentations with clients and the public
- Prepare technical solutions, reports, and visuals to support a variety of planning project types, including: transportation, environmental, community, equity, and sustainability planning
- Manage Urban Planning projects from inception to close-out
- Lead and mentor a team of emerging Planners
- Work collaboratively among other planning and technical disciplines, including Traffic
- Engineering and Water Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Environmental Science or a closely related field and six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience &/or education.
- AICP certification
- 2+ years of experience with client relationship management &/or business development
- Familiarity with local clients in the Southwestern Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia region
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation skills