Susquehanna Township is a first-class township located in Dauphin County, PA. As a suburb of the City of Harrisburg, Susquehanna Township is a diverse community of approximately 25,000 residents and 1,330 businesses. Susquehanna Township is seeking a highly motivated Community Development Intern for temporary employment. The qualified applicant will be flexible, willing and able to learn, detail-oriented, resourceful, able to problem-solve, and have a positive attitude.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Performs the full array of duties assigned including professional administrative/technical work on special projects;
- Research other municipal practices and related ordinances related to sustainability, land use, and environmental planning;
- Organize and analyze data;
- Design online, digital, and print materials, and update website and social media content;
- Compile data or materials and create spreadsheets, prepare reports, maps, and publications;
- Provide staff support at meetings or with the general public about a wide variety of land use and development related issues;
- Limited travel to offsite locations may be required from time to time.
- Minimum 3rd or 4th-year Geography, Planning, Public Administration student;
- Proficient in Excel and Word;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey thoughts clearly and concisely;
- A professional interest in sustainable issues and topics, land use planning, municipal government, and environmental studies;
- Ability to commit an average of 10 hours per week and the flexibility to attend evening meetings if necessary;
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and ArcGIS Online is preferred.
How to Apply
Start and end dates are flexible with the candidate’s schedule. Typical hours range from 10-15 hours during the workweek: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. This is a paid position. If you are interested in being considered for this internship please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Internship in the subject line. Click to read the original post.