The Committee will promote student planning education and related activities; will encourage and support Sectional student education and training; and will collaborate with institutions or high education.
The duties of the Committee shall include:
- Serving as a clearinghouse for student employment, internship and mentoring opportunities within the Chapter
- Engaging Chapter membership via electronic media and at professional retreats and conferences
- Coordinating with local APA recognized Planning Student Organizations and providing support
- Supporting the Chapter Board and Sections related to the Committee’s missing and duties
Education Committee includes the following:
Susan Still Elks, AICP
Borough of Sewickley Heights
Survey of Member Education Background Results:
The purpose of this survey was to collect data on the educational background of the PA Chapter of APA members. This information is being used to improve educational opportunities for planners in Pennsylvania.
- Which options best describes your involvement/employment in the planning field?
- Have you earned an undergraduate degree? See results>>
- Have you earned a Master’s Degree? See results>>
- Have you earned a PhD? See results>>
- Have you earned one of the specialized certificates offered by some institutions? See results>>
- Are you a Citizen Planner? See results>>
- As a Citizen Planner, my educational background has been a factor in, see factors & results>>
- Please rate the following statements, see statements & results>>
- Please rank the following statements based on how you felt after 3 months upon starting an y new planning position, see statements & results>>
- How many years have you been in the planning fields? See results>>
- Please provide any other items that the PA Chapter of APA should consider in the continued assessment of education for plannings in Pennsylvania. See items & results>>
- Please provide any areas of the planning field that could get more focus from education providers.